It’s great to share with you at church today. Please make yourself known to our staff if you are visiting so we can warmly welcome you.
Show how much SRE matters to you
Our church is continuing our deep commitment to SRE in our local schools. I love teaching my class at Gymea Bay School even though I’m always nervous before hand. It’s a great privilege. Our members support SBCE and the teachers Jenny Redmond (Kirrawee High) and Renee Gale (Gymea High). Our Board of representatives Craig Stalder, Joan Riley and Deanna King would love to share with you or your LIFE Group more of what God is doing in these schools.
Your giving to our church budget enables us to spend over $20,000 annually on SRE material and our staff teaching at Gymea Bay Public and Grays Point Schools.
Please let the government review know how much you value SRE in our schools. Just go to:
http://artd.com.au/sre-see-review – the survey takes 5-10 minutes. Just remember—you don’t have to answer every question, only the ones that interest you. And S.E.E is the special ethics classes that have been arranged recently while SRE is on.
News from last week’s Parish Council Meeting
Our Parish Councillors are always glad to dialogue with our members about their suggestions or concerns. Here are some of the latest decisions and discussion from PC:
1) Outreach media to rent the double garage for $300 per week and also install their gospel poster display board in the front of 129 GBR for a trial period of 12 months.
2) Giving to missions for Jan-June this year is up 128% or $19,400 over last year.
3) The Parish “rebranding” recently displayed for our members, to be rolled our gradually.
4) New playground equipment purchased through a grant for $3000 soon to be installed in our expanded playground area.
5) Weekendaway declared a wonderful success with record numbers attending.
6) General Giving slightly over budget Jan-April and slightly below May-June.
7) New giving envelopes seem to have settled in with members indicating mission giving choices when using the missionary side.
8) Our Building Fund Appeal ($25,000) reaches 65% of target – so further funds appreciated.
9) Decided to clarify our mission focus, with SIM & Open Doors no longer being link missions (due to reduced member interest or connection) and focusing our support on our 7 Link Missionaries, the Bible Society, CMS and BCA.
10) Purchase of new, lighter tables for our children’s ministry.
11) Continued investigation into better provision for the disabled (Luke 14 auditing), wifi extended to 129 GBR, completion of the extra staff office in the hall, church lighting, establishing tax deductible SRE fund, further grant applications, resurfacing the hall floor, ESL night classes, refreshing the church building’s appearance, and signage, possible changes to service times.
12) Parish Mission with SMBC College 13-20th March 2016 shared with a smaller Parish.
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew