Our History

Our first Anglican Church service was held in the open, under a tree in Gymea Bay. The service was conducted by the Rev. A. R. Shaw, on January 16, 1927. The minister spoke from a hastily assembled pulpit made from a fruit box and Mrs Malthouse senior offered her black felt hat to take up the collection. Over 80 years on, Gymea Anglican Church continues to grow in number and in the knowledge of our great saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.


Bookmark the permalink.