What is the ‘My Church’ Community Builder online community?
As a member at Gymea Anglican Church, you are welcome to become a part of and use ‘My Church’ Community Builder at www.gymeaanglican.org.au. When you sign up and login, you will be able to see your own profile information, the groups you are participating in, the positions you hold, events you might be interested in, easily communicate with other members, and much more! You can update your profile information and make sure that our records are correct. Also, you can fill in some of the ‘fun’ information like the activities you enjoy, the music styles you prefer, your favorite radio station, and more, so that others can get to know you better. We hope you enjoy our online community!
Is my information private?
While our database contains anyone who is on our mailing list and our website is public, our online community is private in that only those who have login and passwords assigned to them can join in. After your request has been accepted, you will be given login and password information. You can decide whether to participate and whether your information will be “listed” (available) to other Online Members or “unlisted”. Unlisted information is not seen by anyone beyond our staff and key leaders with “administrative privileges”. In order to make our Online Community as vibrant and helpful as possible, please strongly consider making yourself a ‘Listed’ member and sharing most items with ‘Everybody’, or at the highest level you are comfortable sharing.
How do I use the online community?
The best way to see what the ‘My Church’ Online Community is about, is to visit our website, use your login and password and “look around”. It works as a personal calendar, a church calendar, a program of events, and a communication tool between members and groups. We hope that you will be able to get better connected with us at Gymea Anglican. However, if you decide you don’t want to be part of the community, you can at anytime request to be “unlisted” and merely discontinue using it.
What are the guidelines for use?
Gymea Anglican Church treats your personal information with the utmost care. Please protect the privacy of your fellow ‘My Church’ members! Violating any of these guidelines will result in blocked access. By signing up and logging in to use ‘My Church’ Community Builder, you automatically agree to the following rules of use:
• By joining ‘My Church’ Community Builder you consent to receiving emails from Gymea Anglican Church and any affiliated group that you join within the ‘My Church’ community. All members have the ability to unsubscribe at anytime.
• The Online Community is intended for personal and ministry use. It is not for solicitation of any kind. Do not use it for business purposes or for ministry, groups, etc. outside of the Gymea Anglican Church community. Event dates for all para-church ministries/gatherings/conferences etc. can only be added to the Church Wide Calendar through the church office having first obtained permission from the Senior Pastor of Gymea Anglican.
• Protect the privacy of members by not giving their phone number etc., to any third party. If you would like someone’s number and they are “unlisted”, please ask them directly. Gymea Anglican Church cannot give out this information.
• Do not send emails that are not necessary and requested, e.g. jokes, stories, petitions, etc. Use the Online Community with care and courtesy for personal and friendly communication. Even if it’s interesting, funny or important, do not send unsolicited information. Do not add members to email lists outside the Online Community without prior consent.
• Members who engage in discussions must be discerning about what they publically share online. Whist we encourage helpful communication to inform our prayers, issues relating to, e.g. people’s private or business lives, health, employment opportunities, or family relationships should kept to share face-to-face in their LIFE Group or other such smaller gatherings. Use the Online Community with care.
• Members who engage in discussions are not to “speak negatively” about other people, groups, churches or organizations or attempt to solicit members for outside groups or organisations. Keep the Online Discussions and emails personal, positive and profitable. Discussions will be monitored.
• Do not share your Username or Password with anyone. A shared password can compromise ‘My Church’ security and people’s privacy. If you become aware of others knowing your Username or Password you must immediately change it. If you forget your password, your can request a reminder by clicking on ‘Forgot Password?’ under the ‘My Church’ login at www.gymeaanglican.org.au.
• Remember copyright law and respect it. Every resource made available via the ‘My Church’ service, including all pages, documents and pictures, is covered by copyright. There may be multiple copyright holders, but in every case this includes Gymea Anglican Church. Every item available on ‘My Church’, may only be used for its originally intended purpose, unless prior specific permission is obtained from all copyright holders, including Gymea Anglican Church, for its re-use.
• Online Members who become inactive at Gymea Anglican Church or who do not follow these guidelines and/or abuse the Online Community, will have their login access blocked. Members are to inform the ‘My Church’ administrator of any problems so a resolution can be found. To report any abuse relating to the use of ‘My Church’ Community Builder contact our church office on 9524 6225.
For more information about Australian privacy laws visit www.privacy.gov.au